Giganplast spa recognizes the environmental management as one of the company priorities and has therefore achieved the UNI EN ISO 14001: 2015 environmental management system certification.
Giganplast, aims to:
· Safeguard the environmental equilibrium of the area where the company is located, preventing pollution in the conduct of its activities
· Make public, disseminating to all stakeholders and keep active the environmental policy and the company’s commitment towards the environment.
· Identify improvement actions aimed at reducing remarkable environmental impacts Identify
· Evaluate and monitor all of the impacts on environment caused by the company in carrying out its main and support activities.
In 2004 the heating system was changed from a diesel fuel version to methane gas power equipments. On 30th April 2011 6.000 m² of roof made in eternit were partially replaced by 3.000 m² PV panels, in order to generate electricity for KWP420, with a saving of over 200,000 Kg CO2. All staff have been invited to plan and carry out their duties, taking into account environmental policy objectives and in compliance with established procedures, adopting low impact environmental practices and referring to any suggestions / requirements regarding environmental policy.
of C02 saved in the atmosphere
Electricity generated in one year
of integrated PV panels
objectives and results
Giganplast obtained the following certificates:
– UNI EN ISO 45001: 2018 occupational health and safety management system, to guarantee the safety and health of workers
– UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 concerning the quality management system with MOCA extension
(protocol no. 60996/17 issued by ATS Brianza) that certifies that the Giganplast quality system complies with the regulations established by the law and that the products intended for food-contact are made within a dedicated production line and with certified plastic material
– UNI EN ISO 14001: 2015 environmental management system (Giganplast cares about the protection of the environment and has applied this policy long ago, even before achieving the certification, undertaking to prevent accidental spills of harmful liquid substances and recycling paper packaging with the collaboration of companies operating in this sector).
• The TUV SÜD PRODUCT SERVICE certificate to guarantee that the manufacture of the MAX 120 LT garbage-bin has the characteristics stated by the TUV
• The “Second Life Plastic” certificate that certifies that the bins for separate collection are obtained by using mixtures of recycled materials from industrial collection and industrial waste in the minimum quantity of 30% with virgin material.
Furthermore, in view of expanding its range of action in the world market, new moulds have been ordered and will soon be available, in order to optimize the production of some items.