Giganplast S.p.A. recognizes environmental management as one of its business priorities, in this regard it has introduced an environmental management system based on UNI EN 14001 standards.
Giganplast, aims to:
· Safeguard the environmental equilibrium of the area where the company is located, preventing pollution in the conduct of its activities
· Make public, disseminating to all stakeholders and keep active the environmental policy and the company’s commitment towards the environment.
· Identify improvement actions aimed at reducing remarkable environmental impacts Identify
· Evaluate and monitor all of the impacts on environment caused by the company in carrying out its main and support activities.
In 2004 the heating system was changed from a diesel fuel version to methane gas power equipments. On 30th April 2011 6.000 m² of roof made in eternit were partially replaced by 3.000 m² PV panels, in order to generate electricity for KWP420, with a saving of over 200,000 Kg CO2. All staff have been invited to plan and carry out their duties, taking into account environmental policy objectives and in compliance with established procedures, adopting low impact environmental practices and referring to any suggestions / requirements regarding environmental policy.
of C02 saved in the atmosphere
Electricity generated in one year
of integrated PV panels
objectives and results
Giganplast aims to obtain / reconfirm the following certificates:
– OHSAS 18001: 2007 to guarantee the safety and health of workers
– UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 concerning the quality management system with the MOCA extension
– UNI EN 14001 concerning the environmental management system (Giganplast already applies this policy for environmental protection).
The company undertakes to prevent accidental spills of harmful liquid substances and recycling of paper packaging with the collaboration of companies operating in this sector. Furthermore, in view of expanding its range of action in the world market, new molds have been ordered and will be soon available, in order to optimize the production of some items.
Giganplast has achieved:
• The UNI EN ISO 9001: 2015 certificate with the MOCA extension, certifying that the Giganplast quality system complies with the regulations established by law, and that the products intended for contact with food are made within a dedicated production line and with certified plastic material
• TUV SÜD PRODUCT SERVICE certificate to guarantee the manufacture of the MAX 120 lt garbage-bin, has the characteristics stated by the TUV
• The “Second Life Plastic” certificate certifying that the bin for the separate collection are obtained through the use of mixtures of recycled materials from industrial collection and industrial waste in the minimum quantity of 30% with virgin material.